► Cheers for the MGM Team: October 25, 2015


Journey: Triple L Estate – Stoney’s, Broomes Island – the Boyz’ – Stoney’s, Broomes Island – Triple L Estate

It rained, or sprinkled all morning. Even with the rain I knew I would go out on the boat since I didn’t see any lightning. Forecasters also expected the rain to end by early afternoon. Lori had gone to work at FedEx field for the Redskins game against the Buckaneers. Since I always find it more fun to watch football with other people, I headed up to Broomes Island.

0308 fall colors

Just as I entered the Patuxent River I received a text from the Boyz inviting me over for a late lunch – early dinner. Since I had some time before “din-din”, I continued onward to Broomes. As I entered into the slip that shoots out from the restaurant I noticed Ted coming out to assist. So sweet. I had all my lines prepared for a solo docking but it’s always nice to have competent assistance.

0323 gray skyI went in hoping to talk with Jeannie before the afternoon’s busy crowd. Unfortunately we didn’t have too much time as she ran around doing paperwork. I tried to talk Ted into going with me over to the Boyz’ house. He declined saying he was waiting for Scott. Then tried to convince him to also bring Scott … after, of course, getting the ok from the Boyz. Ted again declined. Disappointing.

I had only one drink, left an open tab, and headed across the river to the Boyz’ house. I had been told to be there around 2:30 … I arrived before 3:00. Just before I arrived, their friends Colin and Julie had shown up.

I didn’t realize “din-din” would actually be dinner time. Had I known it would be nearly two more hours after my arrival, I would have stayed at Broomes to watch more of the game with Ted, Scott, and Jeannie. To be honest, I was actually rather bored. But, as usual, the meal was fantastic!

Shortly after eating I took off in order to return to Broomes. They all followed – the Boyz in their boat, and Colin and Julie in theirs. I texted Ted to let him know I was on my way. I returned to the same slip with both Ted and Scott waiting on the pier to assist me. So sweet.

I stayed a bit later than I expected, but I wanted to wait for Lori and the FedEx gang to return. When Lori walked in people applauded their triumphant return. I hung around while everyone chatted about their day at the stadium. I always like to hear about the day’s events.

After a short time, though, Lori decided to head for home in order to finally relax. Not only had she driven to Broomes, although I offered to take her and pick her up by boat, she had also driven the gang up to the stadium. I actually stayed a bit longer at Broomes before finally also leaving.
Time: 1:40 pm – 9:40 pm
Conditions: overcast and cool
Vessel: ‘Gurlz Gotta Eat’

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s